More than 100 members and friends celebrated HakkaWA’s 7th Anniversary of the formation of the association on Saturday 25 June at South Ocean Chinese Restaurant in Kardinya.
Secretary-General, Jonas Yong was the master of ceremony for the night. The celebration kicked off with a speech by President Cr. Keith Yong on the arduous journey of 7 years of HakkaWA.
Cr. Keith Yong presented certificates of appointment of honorary advisors to Mr Francis Yapp, Mr James Chong, Mr James Ku, Mr Gian Wong, JP and Mr Patrick Cheow, JP.
Mr Gian Wong entertained the guests by performing two Hakka songs. The celebration concluded with raffle prize draw.
Raffle prizes were donated by the following individuals and businesses:
- James Chong – 1 x double bed doona valued at $100 and 2 x pillows valued at $100 each
- Lex Legal – 2 x legal services voucher valued at $500 each
- Rossmoyne Chinese Restaurant – 3 x $30 cash vouchers
- Lily and Alan Yit – 2 x Franke Utensil sets valued at $150 each
- Francis Yapp – 2 x hampers valued at $100 each
- Annie and Norman Chia – 5 x consolation prizes worth $25 each
- Cambridge Forum International Food Court – 5 x $60 food vouchers.
Read The Hakka Association celebrates seven years of sustained growth and development article published in Australian Asia Business Weekly on 14 July 2016